The feeling the day after a deadline is such a good one.  While the relief hasn’t quite caught up to me yet, I know I can lay around and do nothing all day and I won’t be getting behind on anything.  It’s a lovely feeling.  Just lovely.  My friend and I got back from the pool a bit ago.  sigh  Just taking some time to enjoy the summer for the first time since I was 15 (when I started working).

I had an interesting night last night, friends.  I hung out with some friend from school.  We sat at a bar and talked about how happy we are to be done and how hard we worked this quarter and how insane the past week was and how exhausted we all are.  It was nice.  And, the bar had the window open.  A wall size window.  So, of course, we kept jumping in and out of it.  Then,  I knew I had plans later, so instead of driving 40 minutes home, I just parked my car in a busy area.  Somehow, I fell asleep.  I was playing with my cell phone, amping up my Angry Birds skills and al of a sudden it was 2:30 am and I was awoken with a beep from my cell phone. From Dude (that’s what we’ll call him at this point).  It was just an address.  I sent back a question mark.  He told me to come there.

Being to tired, sleep deprived and groggy from waking up, I typed the address into the TomTom and texted I was on my way.  A few minutes later, I received a text from another, unknown number asking me if I was coming.  I said yes.

When I got there, I was in an unknown neighborhood in front of a HUGE, dark house.  And by dark, I mean completely dark.  No street lamps were on, no lights from neighbors houses.  It was intense.  I was a little afraid to get out of my car.  Since the random number seemed to now be in charge of the situation, I texted, “I’m outside.”  “Come in,” was the response I got.  “I’m not getting off the couch.”  (So, sweet)  I looked at the house and then I texted, “Who is this?” “Dude”

Stupidly, I got out of the car and walked up the dark lawn. As previously mentioned, I am terrified of the dark.  Looking back on it now, I think it was the grogginess which allowed me to do this.  I walked up the driveway and up onto the porch.  “I’m at the front door,” I texted.  “Come in” was all I got back.  So I did.  I followed the sounds of a horror movie into a living room with four boys sitting in the dark surrounded by beer cans.

The end.

P.S. I’m too lazy to read back over this for typos, so, sorry.